Stories of Love Contest
While changing a weekend reservation around and adding another booking, we realized we ended up with just a one-night rental. The thing is, we don’t do one-night rentals, and it just happened to be Valentine’s Day at a romantic resort! How weird is that?
We had a thought! Why not give away a one-night stay on Valentine’s Day to a deserving winner?! There are so many deserving people out there, working so hard… we meet them all the time.
Over the last year, we have seen more and more of our guests coming to Barrier Bay for a mental health break. We listen to their stories in the store. We hear how police officers, EMTs, essential workers, teachers, medical personnel of all kinds who are exhausted and doing their best for their communities when they are so tired.
We thought about how can we do two things:
- Honor these amazing workers who deserve a break and
- Share the inspiring stories that people really need to hear right now, instead of the constant barrage of negativity and frustration. Amazing stories that people know and are seeing around them – stories of kindness and perseverance.
How can we give a voice to these stories? By using what we have – a one-night stay on Valentine’s Day in one of our relaxing cabins.
Win the Swallow’s Nest Cabin on Valentine’s Day
Staying in Swallow’s Nest Cabin is perfect for those looking for a romantic getaway with their love or an individual retreat from everything. You’ll feel right at home in this charming, open-concept cottage featuring a king-sized bed, a Jacuzzi whirlpool tub, a gas fireplace, and an open living space.
Prize Pack & Our Partners
We called other small businesses that we frequent because we know this – Manitobans are generous! Everyone was so quick to say YES and give to make this PRIZE extra special:
- One Night in a King Deluxe Cabin at Barrier Bay Resort
- Steak dinner from Springfield Meats
- Dessert from For Us Bakery
- Sparkling Bottle with glasses Jones & Company
- Coffee and Breakfast Pastries from Robins Donuts in Gimli
- One hour Couples Yoga Session from 2 Peaceful Warriors
How it works
We want you to tell us about someone you know that really deserves to win this Gift.
We want to hear your stories of how someone you love is going above and beyond to show kindness and love during this difficult time.
Submit your nomination in 300 words or less and share what your friend, family member, partner, teacher, neighbor (whoever) is doing and why they deserve this package.