Barrier Bay Resort is a small intimate, adult resort nestled in the heart of the Whiteshell Provincial Park. Owner-operated and committed to providing luxury accommodation with a lakefront setting as the perfect backdrop to a special getaway. Whether you’re an outdoors person looking to explore and discover adventures or needing a place to escape from the busyness of everyday life and simply relax for a few days, we are a paradise on the lake. We offer a kid-free and pet-free environment for the most relaxing experience.
This position plays a key role in our growth and customer retention by consistently providing quality services to/for our valued customers.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is not afraid to learn new skills. You will have good people skills and have a love of nature and the environment. You will be physically able to complete the work required. You will have demonstrated strong skills in time management, interpersonal communication, customer service, teamwork and will be available for weekend work. The hours will vary throughout the season.
Your main responsibilities will be ensuring that the facilities and grounds are maintained to a high standard. Your work will enable the company to continue to provide the romantic and relaxing getaways our guests have come to enjoy. Below is an outline of duties, the amount of these duties that are assigned to the employee depend on training, ability, and in some cases age. This is not an exhaustive list and includes other duties as assigned.
Cleaning Cabins – Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilet, mirrors, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, doing dishes, sweep, mop, vacuum and/or hand scrub floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners vacuuming, dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, empty trash cans and recyclables into disposal areas, strip bedding, replace and remake bedding cleaning windows, clean outside BBQ’s, set fireplace, stocking wood, replenish cleaning buckets and baskets for the next cleaning day.
Store/laundry tasks – Assist customers in person with regards to our accommodations/facilities, restocking and pricing the inventory in the store, maintaining a clean store, which includes wiping shelves and stock, vacuuming the floors, cleaning windows and other glass surfaces, dusting and tidying stock appearance, assigning life jackets, paddles, boat safety kits.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented – pays attention to details at each customer’s location, with extra attention to any special requests
- Friendly and Professional – able to deal with customers when they are on-site while cleaning is being performed
- Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done
- Self-starter – able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so
- Desire to learn, seek new challenges, and take on additional responsibilities
- Reasoning ability. Good common sense with the ability to solve practical problems
Education, Certifications and/or Experience:
- Experience in service, cleaning, or maintenance environment is preferred, but not required
- Clean It Right certification (will provide this training if needed)
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to work different days including weekdays and weekends
We seek diversity in our workplace. Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities are encouraged to apply.
Competition Number: 2021 – 02
Closing Date: Until Positions are filled
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Apply to: Barrier Bay Resort by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.